May 28, 2007 |
I've made no secret of how much I love Particls, and I'm sure friends and family alike are tired of hearing how much I miss having it now that I switched to a Mac (hint hint to the Particls team, please hurry with the OS X version!).
Well, the good news for you is that Particls is now in public beta and is available for everyone to download!
From the press release:
Particls is now in Public Beta!
After many months of anticipation, Particls is going Public Beta on Monday 28th of May.
- For users: Particls is a filtered news reader or widget that learns what you care about and alerts you to important news and information while you work. More at www.particls.com
- For bloggers and site owners: Particls allows bloggers and site owners to create a custom version of the application. Particls will share revenue with partners. More at www.particls.com/intouch
- For developers: Particls is freely extensible by developers. Reach into corporate databases and web APIs to grab and display data in new and interesting ways. More at http://www.particls.com/extensions/
- How much is it: Particls is a free download with some ads. Later, an ad-free Pro version will be available for a small subscription fee. It is free for Partners to create custom versions.
- What's new in public beta: Particls is now no longer invite only. Anyone will be able to download it from the download page (on the day of the launch). There are also a number of improvements (refer to the change log).
- Learn more: Blogger resources – including screenshots and prior coverage – can be found on the Reviewers section of the site.
- Got a PC: Before Public Beta you can download the application from the website for testing and review purposes.
- Got a Mac: We love Mac – A Mac native version is coming. Here are some instructions to use Parallels or watch the demos.
- Don't have time: Watch the demo videos to see Particls in action.
- Sending feedback: The Particls team loves feedback – join them for real-time chat on Tangler.
A little about Particls – for end users
The web is just too big. No one has time to keep track of all the sites, conversations and interesting bits and pieces that are out there. We each have real work to do and lives to live!
Particls helps you track your favorite sites and applications by displaying desktop alerts for important changes.
So what if you could subscribe to the sites you like best, and then when they change you're notified. Particls can even work out how important the new information is and display an alert that is proportional to its importance to you.
For example, general information might be displayed on a news ticker, important stuff might appear on a popup alert and urgent information might be SMS'd to your phone.
Think of it like a highly advanced widget or filtered feed reader.
A little about Particls – for bloggers and site owners
Through the Particls partner program, bloggers and site owners can create a custom version of Particls. They can change the skin, default feeds and default Attention Profile to give users their own branded desktop notification system.
By integrating Particls into their site, partners get more return traffic, their brand on desktops everywhere and a share of revenue.
This service is free for partners to participate in. Learn more at www.particls.com/intouch.
I'm wishing Particls good luck with their launch today. If you haven't already gotten your hands on Particls, go out and get it. You'll never look at news feeds the same way again!